i thought about posting about how i just went to my last week of college classes, [for now at least]. but thinking about that makes me a little teary [really], so instead i'm going to talk about something else.
this cute blogger, Ry, nominated me for an award that is floating around the blogging world, getting lesser known blogs out and about. i am totally flattered, and pleased to announce that i have won the....
along with this award, i win a million dollars to spend on christmas presents. just kidding. that's not what this award is about! [it was a nice thought though.] i really am excited to get to share a little bit more about myself and nominate others... so here goes!
here are the rules:
a. list 11 things about yourself
b. answer the questions the nominee created for you
c. choose 11 (or so) of your own favorite blogs to nominate
d. create 11 questions for them (or use the previous questions)
e. let them know they've won
who decided eleven? i don't know. who is liebster? i don't know. i'm going with it...
a. about me, myself, and i
[i wouldn't be me without he!]
- my last class at byu was volleyball. finishing strong i tell you.
- i really love wrapping presents. especially with cute wrapping paper. if you need presents wrapped, please, stop by!
- right now i am sitting on my bed next to my husband. he is doing organic chemistry homework, i am blogging. being close is the best. married life = nice.
- i am particularly fond of writing, and i like good grammar; however, i tend to use incomplete sentences on my blog. oops. i also don't capitalize.
- i like the french christmas tradition of leaving the little baby jesus out of the nativity and hiding him until christmas. because christmas is his day of birth, and he is the real gift.
- my career goal is to be a mother. i'm proud of that.
- we are currently using the jazz blanket that i made for andrew four years ago [freshman love] as a curtain for our bedroom window. it almost covers the whole thing.
- i don't listen to music as much as i used to, but song will always be the quickest way to reach my soul.
- i like kisses. [not the chocolate kind.]
- lately it seems that most fortunes i get, from fortune cookies, aren't actually fortunes at all.
- if i had the option, i would probably choose to sing christmas hymns in church all year round. especially hark the herald angels sing, that one is definitely a favorite. i really meant angels we have heard on high... does anyone else get those two confused?
do you feel like you know so much about me now? good.
b. questions from ry
1. If you could do anything and money was no matter what would you do?
travel. with my cute husband. and take a million pictures.
2. Favorite Holiday
christmas, but thanksgiving is definitely a close second. i love the focus on family during this season,i love being grateful because it makes me happy, and i love celebrating our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.
3. What goals do you have for the next year?
i will work. support my husband. go on a fun trip. grow our food storage. continue to learn even though i won't be in school.
4. Favorite Movie
White Christmas. music. romance. bing crosby. snow. choreography?
5. Who is your biggest role model?
i have to say my parents are tied for teaching me awesome, and different things. refer to this post. my dad is the most generous and humble. my mom is the most thoughtful and fun. i have to shout out to the new set of parents i gained through marriage, my in-laws are also amazing role models, and i am so grateful for how they truly consider me part of the family and how they raised such a wonderful man for me to marry!
6. Who has made the biggest impact on who you are today?
Is it bad to say myself? Figuring out who i really am and what i really believe has made me who i am. i have learned so much from those around me, but i really think that i am the person that i want me to be!
7. What makes you happy?
andrew and his constant optimism. my faith in God and his eternal plan of happiness for me and my family. my family and the fun we have together. our first christmas tree. making tasty dinners and delectable treats.
i've been thinking a lot about christmases gone by, and i was recently telling andrew about the time we spent christmas in belgium with my grandparents. we had just read the christmas story and were kneeling down while my grandpa offered a sweet christmas prayer. suddenly we heard "TO INFINITY... AND BEYOND!" dave had set off his new buzz lightyear toy, and we couldn't help but bust into laughter. all of us. christmas is about joy!
9. What is your favorite pastime?
thanks to my cousin-by-marriage liz i'm a crocheting fiend!
c. some cute blogger friends
[or just cute bloggers i wish were my friends]
congrats on being nomitated by me.
if you've already done this, je m'excuse.
d. questions for you
- what is your favorite christmas tradition?
- what color best fits your personality?
- do you like mustaches?
- what is number one on your christmas list?
- n'sync or backstreet boys?
- what is your favorite physical trait?
- hot chocolate or apple cider?
- if you could drop everything and go anywhere, where would you go?
- what is your favorite movie?
- who is your biggest role model?
- what is your favorite picture? share it?
welp, have fun. i think you are great. and i think lots of other people are great too. thanks again ry!