Tuesday, December 18, 2012

bucket list

 last year i auditioned to sing the national anthem at a byu sports game...
they told me they would contact me, and that was the end of that. 
or so i thought!
last week, amidst hours in the library, they called and asked me to sing at a basketball game!!! 
oh, a women's basketball game? hmm... not quite as cool, but why not!
singing the national anthem at a college game in the marriott center? definitely checking a goal off the good ole' bucket list.

so today was the day. i made sure to look extra cute.
 i was really excited, and really nervous. 
(much thanks to the cold creeping up on me via sore throat and runny nose.)
i think i practiced my starting note seventy-nine times, at least!
 the time came and i did it. all the notes came out, two a little shakier than others, but i hit the big important ones. i was nervous, but it was so fun. 
hearing my voice being carried to every corner of the marriott center? that was pretty intense. 
wait? does the marriott center have corners?

it would not have been worth it without all my fans (read: fam) who came to support me. (and basically double the number of people at the game...)
i loved having grandma and grandpa there to cheer me on, and report to my mom how it all went.
 i don't know what i would do without this guy! he made me believe i could do it despite the croaky throat, and i did it! thanks for believing in me, babe!

 what a great group! 
i missed all of my fam who couldn't be there, but i know they would've if they could've.


so, bucket list? 
i sang the national anthem at a college game today. take that!


if you want to hear it (haha) let me know...

4 comments:

  1. Just randomly came across your blog. And you are a fellow Utahn. Already lovin it! Haha. Sometimes, I wish I could sing. I mean, I sing in the shower. And that's honestly it. I'm sure you're a marvelous singer & I loved your outfit. Okay Okay.


    amanda @ we and serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Sing loud and proud, i sing in the shower too. Thanks for commenting, it made my day!

      Delete
  2. Hey girl!
    New follower here. Just found you and love your content already.
    I love your cute blog and would love to ad swap with you!
    You can find my sponsorship page here...
    http://thislittleblonde.blogspot.com/p/sponsor.html
    Let me know if you think we are a good match :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled across your blog and that is SOO exciting that you were asked to sing the national anthem (even if it was at a woman's basketball game! Anything is better than nothing!!!)

    Looks like you had a fabulous support group rooting you on and of course your outfit was super cute (which makes everything better!)

    ReplyDelete